Raw Food Chick Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Green Cleanse Day 1

Hi all,

Well I made it through the first day of my green cleanse. Most of the day went very well. I started out with a morning smoothie of blueberries, apple, bananas and baby greens. It was actually very tasty, even with 100 grams of baby greens it was sweet and flavorful, not at all what I expected it to be.

This smoothie lasted me through the morning until approximately 1:30 so I pulled out my second smoothie of blueberries, bananas, apples and spinach. This kept my energy up the rest of the afternoon and I even felt stong enough to go to the gym after work and get a good workout.

Tonight is a smoothie with Mango, blueberries, banana and Kale. It was filling and the Mango made the smoothie sweet and creamy. I do have to say I miss chewing and it is only the first day but I want to stay focused and try not to get distracted from my goal.

The evening has been the most challenging time of day for me. Although I do hear little voices in my head saying "just have some granola or some guacamole and crackers", I am trying to acknowledge them and let them go. I don't want to give into the excuses I find my mind creating....Why am I doing this, I am too busy, it is too hard, I don't have enough determination, I won't be able to do this all week.....

I know all this chatter is coming from my own fears but I really want to see if I can experience some of the benefits of the green cleanse that I have read about. And that desire is stronger then not doing the cleanse. So if any of you out there are trying this with me, keep strong and let me hear how your are doing.

That's it for day one, I am going to have a cup of warm tea, be gratful that I have made it through the first day and call it a night. See you all tomorrow.

Be well.

Nanners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home