Raw Food Chick Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Green Cleanse Day 2

Greetings,

Day 2 of my green cleanse has ended sucessfully. I came up with serveral variations to the smooties I had yesterday. I selected a variety of the following: mix of baby greens, parsley, spinach, mangos, strawberries, bananas, and a couple of dates, with some purified water.

It really is amazing how good the smoothies are. I am completely surprised and was expecting much worse. When I put all the ingredients into the blender it comes out creamy and smooth, like a milkshake. The bright green color might be a turnoff to some, (like my co-workers who refer to it as "pond scum), but it doesn't bother me at all. They just don't realize what they are missing.

After consuming one of these lovely drinks I feel energized and alive. The greens definately help to balance out the sugar from the fruit and I feel strong and healthy throughout the day. I was extremely productive at work and was able to accomplish many things I had been putting off for weeks.

I am also glad to say that I was able to go out with friends tonight and not be tempted into straying. I have to admit it wasn't easy, I was feeling some hunger but I know it was just the emotional pull of socializing. They say the first 2 days are the hardest, but I guess I should define hard. There are many other things in my life that are much harder and I still accomplish them. I just need to keep things in perspective and remember that the food I like to eat will be available next week. I know the reward with be worth it.

Be Well,

Nanners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home