Raw Food Chick Blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

I made it through the week

Wow, what a week. I made it through the five day green smoothie cleanse and I feel great. It has been a very positive experience in so many ways, physically, mentally and emotionally, I am so glad that I decided to do this.

It is truly amazing the affect this has had on me. I feel lighter, have more energy, my thoughts are clearer and I released about 3 lb. Most of that weight initially is water. A good thing about this cleanse is that the diet contains no salt. So as a consequence, the excess salt is going to be released, along with a lot of water (that you'll pee out), resulting in a weight release.

If you didn't have a chance to try this all week, how about trying it for one day. You will be amazed at what these life giving smoothies can do for you.

I will even start you out with a couple of yummy recipes:

1 cup strawberries
2 cups pineapple
1 cup mango
2 big handfuls of spinach


or:

1 Mango
1Ripe banana
1 Pear
75 g Mixed baby lettuces
handful of spinach
handful of parsley
several sprigs of mint
12 oz filtered water

Try it you like them

For more information on green smoothies check out this great book "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko. It contains a lot of helpful information and some really good recipes.

Remember, Green is clean.

Be Well,

Nanners

7 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Hey, Nanners.

    Thanks for the blog. I was floundering around looking for some comradery -- wanting to do all raw again for the umpteenth time but telling myself everything is all in my mind and I shouldn't be so strict. (I also LOVE What the Bleep!) But there is something true about certain foods being addictive (most of them certainly not raw).

    I wish I had a raw buddy but I'm glad I found your site.

    Thanks again for the inspiration.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks for your insight! I am new to the green smoothie revolution too but am really enjoying it. Though I am only a partial raw fooder, it has made a tremendous difference in my health. How is it that we knew it all along...but are just finding out?

    Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing!! ~j

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ps. hope you don't mind if i share your recipes!!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Nanners said…

    Hi Susan,

    I am glad you found my site too. How cool was "what the bleep" - I can watch it over and over and still pick up something new.

    I know what it is like to need a buddy or support - not sure where you live but here is a site that has some potlucks listed
    http://www.livingnutrition.com/potlucks.html It is a good way to meet people and get some great recipes.

    Hopefully you can find something near you. If not, maybe you can start one yourself. you will be surprised how many people will be facinated by the topic.

    And once they try the food and the effects, it is hard not to go raw.

    If you need support or have questions or just looking for a new recipe, drop me an email at nancy@rawfoodchick.com and I will be glad to help.

    Be well,

    Nanners

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Nanners said…

    Hi jgirl,

    Always good to meet another raw foodie. Please share the recipe, and feel free to modify to your own taste too. Check out more recipes on my site, www.rawfoodchick.com.

    Be well,

    Nanners

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Miin and Niel, Made of Love said…

    hi nanners
    lovely blog
    thought you might like to read mine.. and i swear i picked the title before i knew about your blog!! argh!
    goingrawr.blogspot.com
    will be keeping up to date with yours.. green cleanse sounds good but i'm only 2.5 weeks into this.. :P
    xo
    m

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger realrawfood said…

    I have been on a 90% raw diet for 10 years and started my own blog dedicated to raw foodists like yourself back in April. I am enjoying writing in it more and more everyday, It sure is fun expressing yourself isn't it!

    I love meeting new raw foodies.
    Keep doin' what your doin'!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home