Raw Food Chick Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Getting Sexy Back

Wow, here it is, a new year and a fresh start after the holidays. I am glad to say goodbye to 2007 and hope that 2008 is a much better year. This was a tough year for me. Can any of you relate? The holidays can be stressful, and packed with food, drinks and temptation even when you are raw. It can be especially rough if you lost a loved one this past year, as I am sure many of you know.

So for me, I am ready to say goodbye to last year and start fresh. It is interesting that even after being raw for almost 2 years, I still found myself giving into too many cooked treats and fattening foods. Something I hadn’t done in a long time. Old habits die hard and it is amazing what can trigger a relapse but actually I am glad that it happened because it just confirms what I already knew.

When I don’t eat raw, I just don’t feel good. I feel bloated, tired, heavy, and lethargic. It was good for me to test this and to prove again that you are what you eat. Garbage in – Garbage out. And I got the added bonus, (NOT) 5 extra pounds that came on and are still here.

If I ever doubt what raw foods does for me, I hope I remember this experience.
It was like I had a revelation today in my Aerobics class, JT’s song Sexy back was playing and I realized I do want to bring sexy back, just like JT does, and I know it is not going to happen with the cooked, high calorie foods. For some reason, in my psyche, I thought these foods would give me comfort, boy was I wrong. They are addictive, fattening, and just plain bad for you, and they certainly aren’t sexy.

I struggled through my aerobics class feeling heavy and tired I knew I needed to get back on track. I found myself daydreaming about an easy fix. Then Rihannas’s "SOS Rescue me" song played and I realized that no one can rescue me from myself except me. The key part of the lyrics is that "it’s not healthy to feel this way, and boy is that the truth. And the thing is, I know the fix and it is easy, all I need to do is keep eating these healthy, vibrant, live foods and the energy will return and the weight will fall off.

What ever it is we are talking about, food, relationships, career, life, the New Year is the perfect time for a fresh start. I want Sexy Back and I plan to get it, all by myself. I know I don’t need anyone to rescue me. I can do it all on my own and so can you.

So here’s to a fresh raw start, a happy and healthy New Year and to getting Sexy Back!
Be Well,
Nanners

3 Comments:

  • At 2:41 AM, Blogger Eyezaku said…

    Hi Nanners. Interesting post/blog. My sister is vegetarian; as are a couple of my work colleagues. Though if I understand correctly, being a vegetarian is a little different to what you're embarking on. Am I right? Anyway, good luck with going raw, and with your mission to get sexy back!!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger norm lao photography said…

    Hi Nanners, great blog. I happened across it while searching for more information about green smoothies and eczema. Some background, my interest in green smoothies came as a result of trying to help my wife, who suffers from severe eczema, a condition she's had her whole life, but which has gotten worse lately.

    We've tried everything traditional medicine has recommended, from one of the top allergists in Orange County, including environmental factors (dust, dander), scent-free detergents and soaps, medicines (atarax, elidel, protopic, hydrocortisone), lotions, and the like. Nothing really helped much, and even the allergist recently said that he can't keep prescribing steroids to treat her regular flare-ups. We tried the Maker's Diet, which seemed to help a little, but after visiting an ND, who remarked that it probably would not be that effective on skin problems, I suspect the improvement was more related to coincidentally increasing alkaline foods. The ND put my wife on a course of fish and evening primrose oil and an elimination diet of high iGE tested foods (wheat, oat, dairy), but this has not seemed to help much either.

    Finally, I happened to buy a Blendtec blender at Costco, hoping to get more veggies in our kids' diets, and read an Amazon review of the blender which mentioned Green for Life. Intrigued, I bought a copy, and have been researching the value of greens in our diet, as well as the alkalizing and acidifying impact of foods on health. I have high hopes that this new "diet" will help improve my wife's eczema where other treatments have failed. We've only just started, so I appreciate your blog.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Nanners
    Great blog. I found you on the meet up group. I am coming up to Carmel and Monterey and was wondering if you had any suggestions for a raw food eater? Would you be so kind if you do to email me at buellerskitchen@gmail.com?

    Best
    Bueller
    www.buellerskitchen.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home